- Know and track the progress of students at risk of not graduating.
- Provide direct support/instruction to students to improve achievement.
- Support school-wide efforts to improve outcomes for struggling students.
- Re-engage early school leavers.
- Work with parent and community.
The Student Success teacher's role is to facilitate the acquisition of credits for the struggling student. Working with guidance, administration, special education and the in-school team, the Student Success Teacher identifies the at-risk students, initiates program changes, advocates for students and tracks progress. Working together, students can be successful and on track to graduate.
The focus of Student Success is on designing and implementing innovative programs aimed at helping all students achieve their potential and succeed in secondary school.