Guidance Counsellors provide both intervention and prevention service for personal, social, educational, and career-related issues. Tasks such as time-tabling, university and college applications, graduation, career planning, personal counselling, new student registration, maintenance of student records, liaison with feeder schools, etc. are extended functions of the office.
Counsellors identify at-risk students and ensure that programs are put in place to match these students' needs. Counsellors work in conjunction with our Student Success Teachers, Resource Department, Youth Counsellor, other support staff, and the administrative team to ensure a quality high school experience for each student.
The office is open from 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Guidance is the perfect place to begin if you don't know where to start with a question. Come in and make an appointment to meet with a counsellor or call 905-957-3359.
- Mrs. Annie Mercier-Beaudoin: Program Leader: Student Services (ext. 65122)
Student Success Staff
- Ms. Kristen Corcoran, Program Leader: Student Success and Special Education (ext. 65115)
- Mrs. Rose Pols, Student Services/Guidance Secretary (ext. 65124)
- Mrs. Sue Hamilton, Youth Counsellor (ext. 65120)
- Mrs. Jeannie Larocque, Public Health Nurse (available on Wed. ext. 65120)
- Ms. Julie Pearce , Social Worker